Wednesday, October 31, 2012

On The Move

My updates to the blog may be up and down this month thanks to several (awesome) projects going on! I'm very excited about each and every one of them. If you'd like to get in contact with me since I'll be jumping all over the place, feel free to do so via Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/jaime.andrews.79

In the meantime, below is my most recent completed piece - an entry for the Raleigh Arts Commission contest Art on the Move. Comments/critiques welcome!


The contest involved submitting art to be displayed on one of the city buses, so the wheels had to be taken into consideration. The round, gradient-filled circles at the bottom of the composition are for the cutout areas for the tires. I mimicked this shape throughout the piece. And you know me, I love graphic design and art nouveau. Raleigh is known as the City of Oaks, as well as for its promotion of environmentally friendly living, so I tried to incorporate these styles and themes into the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment